Sunday, June 19, 2005

DARK

Today is Father's Day, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than to challenge "DARK" by caching friend Fergus. We had heard and read many a story about DARK and we were very excited to head up to Maryland for the adventure.

Joining us today was Rufnredy (Dave), a great guy that we have been fortunate to share a few adventures with. Getting in to the park proved to be an adventure for me, as I blindly followed the GPS to every entrance except the one we needed. Finally, I found the right spot and met Dave at the suspension bridge spanning the Patapsco River.

The entrance to DARK was a quick find after searching the area, and we steeled ourselves for high adventure. I had my 8 million candlepower searchlight on hand in case we needed to blind any cave trolls, and we brought a change of clothes after reading many logs about foul odors and unplanned swims in murky waters.

Alas, the journey was uneventful for our ninja cache team and we made the find all too quickly. This is one cache adventure that I hoped wouldn't end, but we found the way to be free of odor (other than damp cave smell), not all that wet, and the hazards were easily overcome. Even so, we thoroughly enjoyed the hunt and decided to celebrate our victory by finding another nearby cache which proved to be far more challenging - we managed a near vertical 200 foot descent after the find, and we loved it!

Many thanks to Rufnredy and Nightengale for joining me on today's cache hunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home