Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Fronti Nulla Fides - A Day With My Friends

Today began with the release of my new multicache, Fronti Nulla Fides, at beautiful Ida Lee Park in Leesburg. I had worked hard a couple of days earlier placing a totally different cache series, only to realize that it would never be approved - so I scrambled to lay out Fronti with the goal of setting loose my 2005 White Jeep TB "Mickey".

My schedule today had some slack in it, so I decided to make a quick picnic lunch and head out to the park to watch the fun! I packed lunch for 4, figuring to share a bite with whoever came by, but no one had showed by noon and I was starving, so I ate almost all of the chow (chicken caesar salad, baguette, fresh fruit, and some sodas.) When I'm hungry, I have a good appetite, but when the meter reads "E" I can eat like a horse!

Patience proved to be a virtue as I looked up from my shady lawn chair to see two familar forms cresting the ridge: Team Lerk! These guys are fantastic cachers, and I was very happy to see them on the hunt. To keep it fun, I decided to stay where I was so that they could carry out the search uninhibited.

These are two of the NICEST guys you'd ever want to meet, and they really went at this cache head on. From the comfort of my lawn chair, I ALMOST felt sorry for them as they crawled, scratched, dug, and completely molested the rocky hiding spot of the second stage.

After about 45 minutes, they spotted me and to be honest with you, I considered running for my life! Our acquaintance was renewed and after recharging for a bit, they went back to the rock pile and made the find.

No sooner had Teamlerk disappeared over the hill then 2Wheel'in made his way down from stage 1. As he ambled over, I was reminded of how the four of us had slaved for months over Blood & Guts as part of the Blind Squirrel Squad. I shook 2Wheel'in's hand and settled back in for the show, and once again I wasn't disappointed. That second stage is a tough one, and even these hardcore cachin' legends were stumped for a little while.

2Wheel'in made the find in good time, and we walked over to the third stage where we found Team Lerk in pursuit of the final stage. It was great seeing these guys all in action together, and I was very happy to witness the logbook signing - congratulations to Team Lerk on their acquisition of a brand new 2005 White Jeep Travel Bug!

Now, for those who read this blog who might be seeking this cache in the near future, I must warn you that the title fits: what you see in the following pictures MAY NOT actually represent the cache hides accurately! (We're Oh So Tricky Like That!)

Many thanks to my great friends Linc, Ed, and Bill, for being SUCH good sports and for sharing their friendship out on the trail once more. These times together are too few! I hope to see you guys again soon, and until then, Merry Part!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home