Friday, April 01, 2005

2Wheelin's Hangover At Sunrise

I took my time getting out today, due in large part to having to tie up some loose ends in my Airsafety gig. I did manage to break free around noon and headed straight for Reston where I sought Hangover At Sunrise by 2Wheelin'. Bill places excellent hides, as I learned very early in my cache career, and I wasn't disappointed today as I made the circuit.

The day was very nice indeed - bright sunshine and warm temps made this cache a real pleasure. The loop for the first stage coordinates was just beautiful. There were birds everywhere, and in the pond there were TONS of turtles. After wrestling with the coordinate solution (I forgot to do a simple multiplication for the latitude!) I proceeded to the first stage and was delighted by the hide. It was a CLASSIC 2Wheelin' hide, which made it easy for me to spot. Anyone who hasn't hunted Bill's caches will probably be quite frustrated by this perfectly camoflaged container.

The second stage is a projection, and I am happy to report that for the first time in my life I was able to correctly project a waypoint and make a trouble free find! YAHOO! (I hate projections!) I followed Bill's advice on the cache page and took the easy route to the cache and make the find all too quickly. I really wanted the cache to go on longer, but I'll just have to wait for Bill's next installment. Thank you for another memorable cache adventure Bill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home