Monday, March 28, 2005

What Dreams May Come

I arrived in Chicago quite early today and decided to set out on a cachin' adventure before work. The day was incredible: 70 degree temperatures, no wind, no humidity... I was in heaven!

I started by taking the 'L' to the North Side and Wrigley Field. When I was a kid growing up in Vermont, I used to lay awake at night in the summertime with my bedroom window open and my AM radio tucked under my pillow. As I watched the stars and the large evergreen outside, I would tune in a Chicago radio station and listen to the Cubs play. The night had to be clear for this to work, and when it did I would fall asleep listening to the sounds of baseball in Chicago. I vowed to someday see Wrigley Field with my own eyes and now, some 30 years later, I had arrived.

I was numb as I approached the front gate... all of those memories came flooding back, including the night my Mom found me listening to the radio and grounded me for a week! (It was worth it, and she gave me the radio back when the week was up:)

After exploring the area in and around Wrigley, I set out for the Oak Park suburbs where I nabbed a few more caches, found the birthplace of Ernest Hemingway, and made my 400th find - and it was an earthcache! Yahoo!

I drank this day in like I would never drink again, and I'm glad that I did. It was filled with perfect moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home