Friday, February 18, 2005

All work and no play...

...today was just that: we got up early in Bentonville and loaded up for Chicago. Next was a turn to Omaha, which was full both ways so we were a-hoppin' to get everything done. At least the weather was good and we ended up finishing on time in Chicago.

I got bumped off of my ride home, holiday travelers I guess, but was lucky enough to grab the last seat on a flight to my alternate airport - and I even got an exit row seat with a window! You have to understand - we Flight Attendants NEVER get to look out the window for very long, so it's a special treat to just sit in a seat and watch the world go by. On arrival fate smiled again and I was able to share a taxi with some loyal subjects who were heading home on British Airways. Brits can be so witty - it's always a pleasure swapping stories with them in my travels.

I finally arrived home a scant 5 hours later than scheduled to the warm nuzzling of my fat cat Casper. Casper is a twenty pounder, and he lives the good life at my house. We rescued him from being euthanized and had a hand in healing him from a rare and deadly infection (due to abuse!), but that's another story. Casper beat me to the couch, as you can see, but he won't beat me to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home