Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back In The Saddle

After a long respite, I fired up my newly returned laptop this morning and restored my caching databases to health. A few minutes of analysis and I spotted a new and unfound cache right in the middle of my 'cleared' zone! I quickly pulled up the cache information and yelled out (to the cat - no one else was home) 'Dave! What the h#ll are you doing!' Haha! Rufnredy had placed this new cache and even called it 'Clarke County Mean Cache' - so I just HAD to go try it!

Before zipping out there, I had promised a friend that I would inspect my nano cache at Ida Lee. Along the way I returned a phone call to Baja Clan, who was in the neighborhood plundering some caches on the way home from Lucketts. We met at Ida Lee and I made the sad discovery - my diabolical nano cache was gone (later on I was shocked to see a 'found' log at 7:30 pm - the finder discovered the cache in a 'new' hiding spot!)

Moving on, Baja Clan (a team of 2 today) and I walked over to my micro hide and the littlest Baja made a quick find... OK, so I did kind of point over 'there' when Mommy Baja wasn't looking! ;) We had a good time, and on the walk back we talked about meeting up for the MGS event this Saturday.

Hitting the road once again, I zoomed over to Berryville and set about my business on this Big Mean Micro. It really WAS mean, and I have the scratches and bite marks to prove it! I eventually scored the find and chuckled all the way back to Leesburg.

The evening brought even more caching action when I met up with Rufnredy at his 'Heat Index 110 Degrees' multicache. That was a good time - all we needed were some cold brewskies... damn those open container laws! It was great seeing BajaClan and Rufnredy today, and I enjoyed meeting a new cacher, CoachJack as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home