Saturday, July 09, 2005

MGS July Meet & Greet

This was a fantastic day for caching, and I was happy to be back on the trail not only on the hunt, but in the company of some great friends!

Upon arrival, I dropped off my contribution of hot dogs for the grill and then proceeded to plunder the fantastic buffet along with my fellow cachers. There really was some high quality chow, and I had two full plates worth!

After lunch, there was short business meeting which was followed by some awards and special recogntion. There were some VIPs in attendance, including Mountain Man - an approver from Atlanta, GA. We all hooted and cheered when CCCooperAgency was given a special award for her recent accomplishment of 10,000 cache finds. I think she shed a tear or two, but it was kind of hard to see because I had something in my eye :)) That was a great kickoff to this day of great caching.

The new hides in the park were very well done, and I even scored a FTF on one of them. Later on, I grouped with CCCA and found the Devil's Pitchfork in a pine forest, which was a very clever (devilish?) hide.

It was a great pleasure seeing my friends Mocadeki, Cache Detectives, Robert, BJ & Snurt, Phideo, Baja Clan, Trevelayn's R&R, and many more. Don't ya just love summertime?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home