Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Air Up There

Today I was solo and decided to seek some ridgetop hides in Shawneeland, VA. Today was the perfect day for it, with temps on the ridge in the low 70's in a steady breeze and bright sunlight.

I was humbled (again) by the beauty of this place, and I could go on (and on, and onnnn) about how incredible this habitat is, but instead I'll let the pictures do the talking. The caches sought today were 'Devil's Backbone' and 'Follow the Rubicon Trail #9'. I just loved every minute of the hunt and managed to stretch this out from 9 am to 2 pm! The hides were easy, and the hikes were long - if I had been moving along at a normal pace, I could have finished these in 2 hours or less.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Steve Brown said...

We sure enjoyed your blog today. It's very nice to take a virtual caching trip with you to the wonderful places you get to go. Love the pictures.

Keep on blogging,
Steve Brown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home