Saturday, April 30, 2005

My April Crew

One of the great things about flying for a living is the camaraderie that develops between individuals of like mind. Many of us form close friendships which can span decades, and it was my pleasure to fly with three such friends this month.

With such a senior crew, we spent quite a bit of time reminiscing about old times - adventures (and misadventures) were retold with wry smiles all around. We also created a few new stories as we traversed the country.

It turns out that our Number 2, Deb, is quite a prankster. In order to survive the month with a shred of dignity, it became necessary to meet her tricks with a few of my own! My coup occurred just a couple of days before we celebrated my birthday on the road, and the level of trickery in the cabin was quite high. I secretly inserted a small poster in Deb's safety briefing card, which is used when we Flight Attendants do the cabin demo before flight. The poster blared out in large letters "I NEED A DATE!" Sure enough, we taxied off the gate, started the demo, and Deb couldn't understand why she was getting so much attention as she waved the card back and forth - she couldn't see the insert as she was holding the card open at arms length and the poster was on the side facing away from her!

You can imagine her reaction when a passenger pointed to the card and then offered her his phone number!

We laughed about that one for days, and I still get a smile from her with a shake of the head when we meet in passing on the road.

Deb DID manage to get even, but that's another story.

Sooo, if you've been wondering why I haven't been blasting out cache finds recently, now you know part of the story: I was enjoying the rare company of close friends during the month of April while out on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home