Monday, April 04, 2005

Boss! Des Plaines! Des Plaines!

Today started off with a bang! I was bumped off of two flights to Chicago as I tried to get to work and had to bail out to DCA where I got a seat on the last flight that would get me to work on time – phew! On arrival, I hooked up with my crew – some old friends that I’ve been looking forward to working with again – and we started our preflight preparations. As departure time drew nearer, we were informed that our first round trip had been assigned to a different crew due to a shortage of aircraft, so we had 5 hours before our next scheduled departure.

Hmmm… 5 hours… what, oh what was I to do? If you’ve been reading this journal for any length of time, you already know the answer! I changed in to jeans and sneakers faster than a fireman can pull on his boots and grabbed my caching gear with a BIG smile on my face.

A short train ride later I was in Rosemont IL on River Road enjoying a walk in the warm sunshine for a mile and a half. I then turned in to the woods for the first of two caches along the Des Plaines River.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home