Saturday, March 05, 2005

Gaiter Bait

Oh, this one was rich! I knew that with such a seasoned crew on the hunt, the find wouldn't take long. I took my lunch along, figuring that if I had truly placed this hide well then I might be able to eat a sandwich before they made the find.

Well, I only got to eat half a sandwich. Hahahahaha!

The crew fanned out and really went at this one with passion. They searched high and low and just a few minutes in to the search, I heard "I FOUND IT!"... coming from the wrong direction! I started giggling because I knew what was coming next "WHAT IS THIS! YOU ARE SO MEAN!!"

Oh my goodness, Linc... you should have been there my friend! People have actually started signing the "This is not it" cache, which gave everyone a chuckle. Despite my protest of innocence, I think Molly still suspects me of placing the red herring!

I continued to munch on my sandwich (albacore with dill and celery on a toasted sesame bagel, if you must know) while snapping pics when low and behold, CCCA's son Craig made the snag with a wry smile. Just seconds behind him was CCCA, but he had already grabbed the container and was showing it to me - well done Craig!

We had great fun with this one, and any reservations that I have had about Gaiter Bait due to some unhappy log entries have disappeared. This really IS a fun cache - I have the proof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home