Sunday, February 27, 2005

2Wheel'in Continues to Thrill with "Too"!

Nightengale and me were delighted to take the trail today for 2Wheel'in's latest cache hide: A Little Difficult "Too" and we just LOVED it! We hiked a little over three miles today along one of our favorite streams and nailed all three stages of this multi-cache.

The first hide was quite fun, as it reminded me of a similar hide placed just recently. Nightengale felt it was her duty to leave multiple trails of confusion in the snow so as to throw off any following cachers!

We passed a horse and rider on the way to stage two, and once there we quickly made the find. I remember talking to Bill about doing just this style of hide last fall, and I was tickled to see it realized in this way. WOOWOO!

Nightengale found a well seasoned and very straight hardwood limb - walnut, I think - at the second location and laid it near the trail for pickup on the way back. When we returned, she carried this 15 footer the 1.8 miles back to the car and has claimed a very nice hiking stick for herself. We'll work on sanding and sealing it in the coming weeks.

Stage three turned out to be the trickiest of all, since the hide was well concealed right next to the 'obvious' hiding spot, which is just what I would have done! We went to and fro, up and down, and even took a break to observe the aquatic fauna close by. The cache finally revealed itself with a little probing, and I happily signed the log.

Our hike back was a great one, as we talked about all manner of things. I truly treasure these times with my daughter - and I know that she will take these memories with her. We arrived back home after dark- muddied, weary, and happy. I roused up some hot food while we watched Fawlty Towers and shared a warm evening with the cat on the couch.

I wish every day could be like today... I am so proud of my daughter, and I wish that our time wasn't so short - the years are whizzing by! Soon she will be an adult with children of her own... And me? I'll be caching with my grandkids along the beautiful banks of Difficult Run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home