Thursday, April 27, 2006

London: A Night Out In Soho, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, And Leicester Square

Well caching fans, I have sad news. I didn't find any caches today! It's kind of embarrassing, actually, because I had a terrible night's sleep - waking up at 6:30 am and having gotten only 4 hours sleep during the previous 36 hours. I had a wonderful English breakfast and went back to the room, crashing until 5 pm!

I really needed the sleep, but it was a drag getting up and realizing that the day was pretty much shot. Nonetheless, I resolutely planned a great evening out and as luck would have it, that's exactly what happened.

I walked down to Soho and strolled the streets looking for dinner. My friend Nick has mentioned in the past that the Italian restaurants are quite good here, and he was right! I enjoyed a huge dinner for a reasonable price and I had a nice chat with the wait staff.

Moving on, I walked all the way down through Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, and Leicester Square. The night air felt great, and I stopped in a couple of bars for cocktails along the way. It was pretty easy to pick out the regulars in each bar from the tourists, and I met several interesting people during the course of the evening.

All told, I'm guessing that I walked about 10 miles and I got to see many of the popular places in London along the way. Tomorrow should be decent weather-wise, and I'm looking forward to exploring London in daylight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home