Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Drive In The Country

I took a day off today and decided to explore Route 15 north of Frederick, MD. The day was a great one, with moderate temperatures and variable sky conditions. I started with some rural caches, working my way up to Thurmont where I had lunch at a great 'hole in the wall' restaurant. Lunch included cream of crab soup, which had a healthy sprinkling of Old Bay, and I left feeling like a new man.

The afternoon saw more and more urban style hides as I drew closer to Harrisburg. On the day I charted 20 finds - not my record, but a good effort just the same. This was a great escape, and I strongly recommend the Route 15 corridor in MD and PA for it's wide variey of caches, compelling local history, and great food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home