Sunday, October 02, 2005

Hot, Hot, Hot!: The Caches

I never thought this day would arrive! After weeks of planning, replanning, rethinking and yet more replanning, I began to doubt that today's event cache would actually find a place in reality. You know how it is... things take on a life of their own sometimes and the process starts to feel like the result.

You can imagine my sheer delight when the weather turned out to be picture perfect and all of the various caching activities went off without a hitch! WOOHOO! We had a great turn out, and everyone came away from the activites with new finds, new stories, and most of all new friends.

I had decided early on to lead the hike along Goose Creek, as this is one of my favorite area hikes. We had the company of a photographer from the Washington Post who was shooting for the story that you may recall a few posts earlier. She was a real trooper, as she really had no idea what we were going to do until we dragged her through thorn and thistle, over hill and dale, over dead trees and under falling leaves... She had a blast and actually hiked most of Goose Creek with us just for fun!

I can't thank enough my co-conspirators for this event: 2Wheel'in, GLM, and Gaiter Man. They put heart and soul in to this day, and they did an amazing job. Thank you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home