Saturday, August 20, 2005

Saturday In Cleveland

Today was a refreshing change of pace for me - I was able to sleep in a bit and still take a nice long walk while finishing the last of the downtown Cleveland caches. The cache I sought had eluded me earlier in the year due to knee deep snow and ice at the cache site. Today it was beautiful outside and the find was a quick one. WOOWOO!

After signing the log, I strolled through Memorial Park and enjoyed the beautiful artwork. Cleveland is really a stunning city - it's vastly under-rated and I always enjoy visiting. As I made my way through town, I passed three churches... all of which had weddings in full swing. Organ music echoed through the streets and I caught a glimpse of a bride hurrying one of the side doors. If I had been just a little better dressed I would have snuck in to the back pew to watch - I just love weddings, but most of my friends are in divorce court these days so I don't get many invitations.

Once we geared up for the airport, my crew and I became bogged down when a large thunderstorm took the field. Our inbound aircraft diverted to Grand Rapids, making things a little interesting. All in all, I'd rate the afternoon a success though, and I can't wait to come back for another visit.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home