Sunday, June 12, 2005

2nd Annual Richmond Rally

After a fortuitous cancellation in my schedule, I was able to switch gears and head down to Richmond for a fantastic caching event, the 2nd Annual Richmond Rally at Dorey Park. I was lucky enough to team up with Rufnredy for the ride south, and we tagged a number of caches in the Fredericksburg area before arriving at the event. Unfortunately, we were slowed down by some rubbernecking on I-95 and missed the start of festivities, but no matter. We joined in just as the event broke up for caching, and we had a blast!

With us on the hunt was Baja Clan, and later on we encountered Beachbuddies with Bisanabi while plundering the woods. The caches were all well placed, and several of them kept us guessing, but we prevailed over all that we sought. In company such as this, I was hard pressed to make FTFs in our group, but I did snag a couple of stages here and there. My favorite cache of the day was 'Log A Cache', because we spent so long looking for it due to incorrect coords! We later got the right ones and made a quick find. I also enjoyed 'Complete Mystery' quite a bit - when you are caching with Masters of Puzzle Caches, like Beachbuddies and Bisanabi, even the toughest mysteries are quickly dispatched!

This was a wonderful day, and I'd like to extend a hearty thanks to Rufnredy, Baja Clan, Beachbuddies, and Bisanabi for their excellent company and friendship. Three cheers for NoVa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home