Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Milwaukee, then Nashville via Dallas

I started the day in Milwaukee today on our 'long' overnight and decided to brave the bitter cold blustery day to do some cachin' before heading to the airport. I walked about 6 miles in total, finding 5 physical caches and one locationless.

As time started to become a factor, it became clear that I would have to use 'plan B' to get back to the hotel in time to shower and pack for the airport. 'Plan B' was to ride the city bus back from the last cache, and I was pleased to find that the driver was quite courteous and the bus was spotless.

While I was sitting in a seat playing with the screen selections on my 60C, the bus stopped in front of a high school where a half dozen students got on with a couple of adults. One of the adults smiled at me and said hello, and then asked if I had found any of hers! It turns out that she was the owner of two of the caches I found while walking... what were the chances?!

She didn't stay on the bus for long, as she was accompanying the students and their stop was just a few minutes down the road. I gave her my signature item and sat in a rather dazed state as her party left the bus. Every once in a while the gods turn your world upside down just see if you're paying attention, I think.

Later that evening we arrived in our next hotel in Nashville, where I hurried out and scored a quick find just 1300 feet from the front door! SWEET! I love it when I can hit two states in one day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home